Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lindora Diet from a man's view day 5

"Venison"

Day 5.. All the egg eating and chicken tolerating is supposed to be over with today. What do I get as a yummy breakfast from my wife you ask?????? An egg.. and an orange. "How is it?" She asked. "Its tastes as bad as it has the last few days, minus the orange. That was good." "Do you want another one?" She excitedly asks.. "YOU KNOW I DO!" I exclaim with great excitement. "OK! You can have another one for lunch.".......wtf?

So.. I'm excited to try new stuff.. I'm done with chicken at this point. We had been traveling and were on the way home. What should we stop and get, I ask. "I brought chicken for you." My wife tells me. "F*CK YES! CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THAT SH*T!" I shout out in my head while I contemplate the odds of me surviving jumping out of a moving vehicle on the highway. I eat the chicken.. wtf #2

We pass a freshly roadkilled deer on the side of the road. All I could think was, "I bet that would taste good." I chuckle to myself. apparently not as quietly as I thought because my wife wanted to know what was so funny. I told her its the first time in my life I ever saw a deer dead on the side of the road and started daydreaming about grilling it. wtf #3

We get home and its time.. She bought it. Its here now..... I almost cry when I see it. I'm not a very emotional man, but I'm not afraid to admit it when something matters this much to me. STEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She got steak. My little hints like "THIS ISN'T STEAK," "WHY DONT WE HAVE STEAL??!" and "THIS WOULD BE BETTER IF IT WAS STEAK." have finally paid off. I've been studying online how to cook it in a way she will "allow." I've cooked this steak in my head 50 times already. THAT B*TCH IS MINE!

Its a flank steak, but I don't care at this point. I'll be lucky if I finish cooking it before I tear into it. Its like a fresh kill that I have to eat before the other hyenas smell it and I have to fend them off.  I pan grilled it with fresh garlic, pepper, a little salt, and some sodium/taste free thing my wife said I could use. There...It was cooked. It didn't even matter that it was portioned into a 3.5 oz pre-cooked weighted portion. It was steak. It wasn't chicken. It wasn't a f*cking egg. It wasn't one of those stupid nasty protein bars or glasses of milk. It was steak. And it was mine. AND IT WAS DELICIOUS! There was also a slice of watermelon and a half of cucumber to fill me up. None of that mattered though. For there was steak.

Not a bad day. Didn't have a scale, but I don't care. It was steak day.
God bless steak!

No comments:

Post a Comment